Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap


Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Road signs, dft Reply To: Road signs, dft


FYI, letters to Ministers very, very, very rarely get seen by the Minister. They have people who deal with such things (my sis used to be one and another relative was a Minister). Your local MP is a slightly better bet (if they’re not a Minister) but even then they get masses of mail/e-mail and only a very select few will reach the target unless the subject is one of their personal hobby-horses.

County councils usually deal with roads and signage but beware wading through treacle. I used to have to deal with them professionally and it can be compared to digging heavy clay soil, huge amounts of effort with virtually no visible progress. It is however the place to start when trying to get road signs.