Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Road signs, dft Reply To: Road signs, dft

Hi William, thanks for your input on this subject. You are right of course, when writing to a gov dept there are plenty of secs and underlings who answer your emails, letters and so on and I know the ministers rarely see any of it. We meet with our County Councillor nearly every month and I’ve just had a visit off the parks dept regarding the cutting of the grass and making the workers aware of the hogs in the area. I think I’m sometimes looked upon as a mad woman at meetings. It was great amusement when I had a wood mouse in the house for months till I caught it in a live cage trap, then even more amusement when we drove it a few miles to a wood to release it! (it then clung to the back of the cage and didn’t want to leave) Anyway, I will try, I don’t hold out much hope, but I will have a go. Whilst I’m on my hobby horse, I am also fed up of seeing what I call “scrub” land with odd trees and bushes growing at sides of roads being cleared and cut down for no reason that I can see but to “tidy up”. Thanks again for all the help and info on this sight.

Hedgehog