Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Road signs, dft Reply To: Road signs, dft

Hello,

you could try contacting Chris Grayling directly – he is Transport Minister and Hedgehog species champion.
chris.grayling.mp@parliament.uk
I contacted him towards the end of 2018 on hedgehogs, development and road matters, and he did in fact respond to me directly in a series of exchanges. His responses didn’t fill me with complete confidence that he is as passionate about wildlife and hogs in particular, as I would have hoped, but at least I knew I had been heard and directly by someone I assume to be making the decisions.
You could try asking him to set up an internal process that manages requests for hog signage – and to promote it – in his capacity as Species Champion for our beloved little spiky critters.

On the council grass cutting situation – there are some stickers that BHPS will send you if you ask for free – they are bright yellow warning signs that can be adhered to cutting machinery and equipment for hog look out. Councils and Companies who take this on get a shout out on a roll of honour set up by BHPS. Many Councils are already on the roll of honour – they seem to like being told they have been awarded for something positive and get to self promote their wildlife friendliness on the back of it – and it doesn’t cost them anything.

whatever works to get these things highlighted I say………….

Hedgehog