Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog watching – new to site Reply To: Hedgehog watching – new to site

Hi Reuser,

It sounds like you’re doing all the right things for your hogs. My local spiny mob have 2 Riverside Woodcraft houses in my garden which have both been used every winter for the last 4. They are superbly built houses, the hogs take to them very quickly and have always survived in them. I’ve also had two lots of hoglets born in them!

Mine also dine on Spikes Dry which they attack with considerable gusto but obviously, being radicalised hedgehogs, they throw it around a lot just for devilment and to give me something to do.

Please don’t forget to give them dishes of water too. They drink a LOT (which may explain their unruly behaviour).

Hedgehog