Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

I was looking forward to hoglets but not the associated concerns, round here is not the best place to be a baby or adult hog really. Rather like when my very elderly neighbour needed putting to bed at night before I could rest myself & the worry of having to stop her wandering vulnerably around the area, now in the human equivalent of a hog rescue, a comfortable & very nice home which she loves happily.

I keep trying different places for the camera to see what they’re up to out there, very cute full front pic last night of a fairly small hog entering the garden with a raised foot mid walk turning to look at something. They’re so attractive, almost cartoon-like with perfect little toes & fabulous faces & noses! Long live hedgehogs to bring us joy & poo in the garden as plenty of that too.

Ponds take up a lot of room if they’re big, your water is doing its job already as you have assorted froggy friends. Even the smallest area of water is vital & yours is probably big enough for your garden by the sound of things.

You made me laugh with your hissing cat impersonation but your ratlet sounds as if it liked you & was on his way in the house almost. If it went up to Igel maybe it needs glasses though….

Poor Igel, her time will come when Wilf realises what he’s missing, boss hog that he is obviously not.

If I hadn’t seen the pic of the 7 jays I probably wouldn’t have believed it, must have been lots of food on the lawn they liked. Your blackbird is like a female sparrow who used to come & fly back & fore in front of me when I put washing out asking for food. Pete the pigeon still walks the length of the fence & then eats right by my hand as I put the food out, stunning purples & greens in his feathers & glorious red feet. Filling his crop with food then taking it to a nest I think. Prefer his babies to go elsewhere though, one pigeon is enough for me.

Damn the blobbers, hope it washes off the hog in your garden.

Hedgehog