Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog in the garden Reply To: Hedgehog in the garden

Hi all, can I just point out, we all make mistakes, like the mealworms! After only giving them for just two or three nights, the hogs went on hunger strike and refused to eat for several nights. It seems to be a trait with them. I use Spike semi moist which looks like mince. They have been eating this, but just bought 2 packets as was running out. Guess what, it has changed in appearance, it is darker, thinner and smaller pieces. Have they eaten it, no. So it’s hunger strike again. They do like a cat biscuit, Purina, or something, , different shapes and tastes, they prefer them to hog biscuits. They were eating wet cat food, chicken, turkey and duck but a fourth pkt in the mixed box was called mixed poultry, (now I ask, what is that?) oh no, would not touch that one. Tried dog food, ate one but not the other as I got 2 on offer. I’ve given up on the wet food for now as it starts to smell and turns green as they maybe wee on it to show disdain. It also attracts flies. But maybe that’s what they want to happen! Lots of juicy insects. So, I now wait for them to accept the new Spike moist. We still love them though and I shouldn’t complain cause I’m a fussy eater as well. Good luck and best wishes.

Hedgehog