Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Difference between a male and female hedgehog? Reply To: Difference between a male and female hedgehog?

Hi Puds,
Glad to hear Herb is doing well after his stay at the vets.
We have had 2 incidents of taking an injured and tick infested hogs to vets and on both occasions, when they came home they went off and as far as I can tell have never come back. Big daddy was very grumpy about it all! To be fair he may have been back since but I do have difficulty in identifying them all. He certainly didn’t come back before hibernation last year.
I only have 1 girl that visits and 2 regular boys at the moment. But it changes all the time and sometimes Jack will turn up followed by Splodge and the next night only Cyclopsina will make her regular early appearance.
I think they like to keep us guessing.
Happy hog watching.

Hedgehog