Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog building its nest Reply To: Hedgehog building its nest

Hello Simbo,

You’re right. We will wait until they’re gone. Fresh water is always supplied next to the bird feeding station in a big plant saucer, behind and in front of our house. I realised the importancy last year when it was so terribly hot for many days/weeks. We were sitting on the terrace early evening, still bright daylight, when suddenly a hedgehog emerged, running like Speedy Gonzales over the lawn straight away to the water place and drank and drank and drank…. It must have nearly died of thirst.
I provide dry hedgehog food from time to time. Since the little family’s here, every night. It’s next to the water. I’ve just read some of your postings. So you’ve got eventually little hoggies, too? Good luck with them and your one eyed Cyclopsina 🙂

Hedgehog