Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Obsessed by the hedgehogs in my garden Reply To: Obsessed by the hedgehogs in my garden

Thanks for the encouraging words Nic – I’m absolutely obsessed with them now – I even go to sleep thinking about them – I think I’m in love with them.

Two little hedgehogs met in the garden a few hours ago – one was eating the hedgehog food and the other came into the garden behind him – the one eating the food head butted (is it called biffing?) the poor hedgie quite a lot but instead of biffing back it just took the blows and didn’t move – after a short while, the head butting hedgehog went back to his food, and the other still stayed still so I crept quietly back inside and filled a little bowl of dog food and placed it near by, after a minute or so, it got up and went to the food and almost ate the whole lot before it ran off into my hedge – the other hedgehog left shortly after that going into the opposite direction.

I’m just wondering why the little hedgehog didn’t biff back? do you think it might be poorly, or is this normal behaviour – at least it got some nice chunky meat to eat and was ok enough to eat that and then run off into my hedge – I presume it’s ok – perhaps submissive. I looked on youtube with hedgehogs biffing each other, and they both put up a fight.

Hedgehog