Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Obsessed by the hedgehogs in my garden Reply To: Obsessed by the hedgehogs in my garden

they are so funny aren’t they?

Bit disappointed tonight – only one brief visit from a hedgehog, had a tiny bit of water and avoided the food.

A cat ate the dog food I put out, but will put some more out in a minute.

Problem might be because I’ve been giving them morrisons hedgehog food which they like – and nearly always it’s all gone by morning – but I changed it to try out Spikes, even though it was more expensive, (I was in Pets for Home and picked a bag up to save me a job going to morrisons). And I wish I never bothered now – because they ate all the morrisons food last night – so put spikes out and don’t think they touched it, and tonight only the snails seem interested in it, thankfully the cat left it alone.

I’ve read that other people on this blog that their hedgehogs like Spikes, so I wonder why mine don’t – it’s completely odd.

Unfortunately can’t get to morrisons until monday – so I guess there won’t be much activity in my garden this weekend – shame – oh well I guess I could do with some early nights. I’ve been having some late nights since I’ve been feeding them.

Hedgehog