Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog in the garden Reply To: Hedgehog in the garden

Hello again!

It was spike hedgehog food that I brought both wet and dry, and it drove the local cats mad trying to get in at it (there are a lot here). I may try that I love hedgehogs one if that is less likely to attract attention of cats. I love her coming in and I now have photograph evidence that she is in fact a she! I want her to keep coming and with the upcoming hog season I want to make sure she is plenty fed with the good stuff and watered (there is always plenty down for her).

I thought I’d found an ideal place for her hogilo (behind a bush but not fully covered as the bush is not quite big enough) and when I went to clean it it had all kinds of bugs in there so I can clearly see why she perhaps hasnt gone in yet as I’m aware they seem to be quite clean creatures?? I’m also aware that she probably wont move in straight away. I tried to move the hogilo but then she didnt come in at all last night! I hope this hasnt upset her. Am I doing the right thing moving it so soon or is it best to be left? Also if there are any other food suggestions which hogs like but cats dont I’d be happy to hear. If she is in hog when would we expect to see hoglets?

Many thanks for the input you guys I really appreciate it from a novice hedgehog parent!

Hedgehog