Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hot Hog Reply To: Hot Hog

When I built Hedgehog Close I made sure the houses were in a shady part of the garden, no direct sunlight, and that is about all you can do to be honest. Ensure the house is shaded. One of mine tends to get up early at the moment, go for a long drink and then curl up under a bush for an hour’s zzzz’z before doing proper hunting and that may be temperature related but I’ll never know.

As long as water is available and the house isn’t in the sun then we just have to hope they’re ok. We can’t install fans, aircon, ice baths or cover them with wet towels!

Hedgehog