Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Finally! I’ve got cat proof feeding stations. Reply To: Finally! I’ve got cat proof feeding stations.

Simbo65 Reading your post regarding your hubby wondering why you need to keep all the trail footage brought a smile to my face. We have the same conversation in this house most days LOL!
Really sad to hear about the hogs in your area . I have fields behind me and this time of year the landowner usually cuts all the long grass down using a tractor and large rotary blade. My neighbors have been complaining that dog walking is not so pleasant with the long grass, but I’ve been praying they don’t bother to cut it at all! The potential for injury to all the wildlife worries me to death!
I do hope you receive good news about the little hogs.
As I’ve become more aware of hedgehog habits and lifestyle I have become quite prepared for finding injured or abandoned hogs when I’m out and about in my car, I have a box, blanket and gloves in the boot just in case! But I’m keeping my fingers crossed I’m never going to need them – to date I have been very fortunate and haven’t had to deal with any illness or injury .
It’s truly heartwarming to read the posts on this forum, renews your faith in human kindness.
Best wishes to all you kind hog watching folk! x

Hedgehog