Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog screaming Reply To: Hedgehog screaming

Hi Frank H

I have been recording hedgehogs in my garden for some time and recently I caught one hedgehog happily eating at the feeding station, then a second hog came bounding round the corner at speed and they came face to face. One of the hogs literally ‘screamed’ so loudly I could not believe what it was at first and that it had indeed come from one of the hedgehogs! I had never heard them make that noise before. Both hedgehogs were fine, no buffing or rolling into a ball and I think the one that screamed was either startled or just warning the other one to back off, which it did. Neither one looked ill or poorly so I wondered if it is just a ‘frightened’ scream.

Hedgehog