Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog houses and highways. Reply To: Hedgehog houses and highways.

Hi Nic, thanks for the reply. The picture is from last year and I don’t know if they are the same pair but I’ve got photos of them both entering and leaving the house within a few minutes of each other over the last few days. I have opened the lid of the house but can’t see anything as it’s now full of bedding and they have burrowed in. I suspect they might be siblings although one is considerably larger than the other. Perhaps this is just a temporary arrangement! I’ve been trying to load photos of them to this site recently but they don’t seem to have appeared for some reason. I was worried that this may be a case of house bullying, as the smaller one moved in first and collected all the nesting material, but there’s no sign of this and they were both eating from the same bowl quite happily last night! No doubt they’ll work it out. Last year the hogs all disappeared around September so it will be interesting to see what happens this year. I feel very fortunate to have them here and will just enjoy the ride!

Hedgehog