Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Help to stop cats getting in the Hedgehog box please? Reply To: Help to stop cats getting in the Hedgehog box please?

Hi William,

Thanks for showing me the pic and the video. I love that you’ve named her Cassandra, she’s adorable.
We have one huge hedgehog that visits, I just call him Biggy. Then two other smaller adults but I can’t really tell them apart so they don’t have individual names, they’re both just known as Hoggy. Then we have a baby one which we just call Baby Hoggy. I’m not very creative with names haha.

I think I have solved the cat problem. I rearranged the bricks around the box entrance and made a narrower passageway, it seems to have done the trick so far. Fingers crossed!
I watched the trail camera footage this morning and the cat visited three times during the night but was unsuccessful at getting in the box. 🙂

Hedgehog