Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings feeding station has now become popular Reply To: feeding station has now become popular

The little hedgehog that makes a little snuffle sound when she eats – always, no matter what, steps in the water bowl and never ever walks around it – no matter where I put the bowl, she still insists in stepping inside it to get to where she wants (inside the feeding station) – as soon as the hogs come out, the water bowl is dirty again — it’s quite cute but why does she do this? Does she not realise it’s a bowl and is used to stepping over things in natural habitats and not walking round things?

I find rabbits do this also, my rabbit, rather than walk one inch to it’s side to get around my foot, would rather nudge my foot with it’s nose until I move it – I’m looking after a friend’s rabbit at the moment, and she does the exact same thing – so funny and so adorable. Rabbits can be a bit bossy though.

Hedgehog