Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Help to stop cats getting in the Hedgehog box please? Reply To: Help to stop cats getting in the Hedgehog box please?

Genghis sounds like a nightmare, when I had a cat when I lived with my mum he went through a phase of killing birds every night and dragging them in, once he brought in a frog but thankfully didn’t kill it.

I think what I’ll do is put the wooden square back on, and if all the hedgehogs can still get in – I’ll just leave it on.

Thankfully the cats don’t seem to come into my garden in the night time- just early evening, and they seem to prefer the dog food, so I put the dog food out as late as I can after 11pm or later – so it gives the hedgies a chance to get to it first – the dog food is the most popular and gets wolfed down in one go – whereas the dried food lasts all night – and often some left over.

Hedgehog