Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

Oh Siili’s home again, that’s great. What a treat for you to have had her in your kitchen briefly, so nice to see them up close & healthy. I’m sure she won’t have forgotten her whereabouts, she’ll be delighted to be back to make the most of your hospitality in your garden.

Hate the blobbers, what does it matter if you’re not sure which hogs are visiting as long as they are. Pathetic. I’ve seen advice on hedgehog sites telling you how to safely mark hogs but would rather they had the guts to come out & say please don’t as it makes them more visible to those who don’t wish them well like we do apart from the danger of potentially sticking their spines together. Humans, I despair of them.

Tried to change my avatar to a lovely baby hog pic from few weeks ago but it cut off the face so have put another which has the date etc on, not the same somehow but that’s it for now til I suss it out.

Having very regular visits from tiny little things & larger, have to put 2 dishes in the feeder nightly as all is eaten. One hog is long & slim, nicely shaped, comes before it gets dark so is on camera in colour. Of course never the face or front, always the side or back because they move too fast for the camera! I can go out & stand by the feeder any time from now (20.24) & he crunches away for ages with his bum by the entrance as he’s pretty long then comes out, through the border, same route every time to Frankie’s kennel where he spends some time after his meal. Feel very lucky that he trusts me as he knows I’m there, pauses for a moment after I arrive then gets on with eating.

Wasps in the attic outside our bathroom window in the front of the house are very active but welcome as long as they leave us alone. The sparrows who nested in the roof again this year above the back bedroom window apparently have blocked the gutter (again) as I discovered during the terrific thunderstorm we had a couple of weeks ago! Wildlife everywhere, my home is their home.

How are things with the hogs?

Hedgehog