Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Bathroom Visitor Reply To: Bathroom Visitor

Hi Nic, just read the article you posted – I’m wondering, if I see a sick or injured hedgehog, or hoglet in autumn that is underweight, I would take it to my nearest hedgehog hospital – and I’m just wondering, where would they release it back to once it’s healthy and strong again – This article said it’s best to put them back in their home range – so would the hedgehog hospital visit my area put it back to my area – or do you think they have a special place nearer to them where they release hedgehogs back into the wild?

I guess you probably won’t be able to answer this question, as I assume it’s down to the each individual hospital to decide that, plus my nearest two hospitals are in the next town (would take an hour’s drive to get to each one), and I wonder if they would make the effort to visit me, as I assume they might be on tight budgets with them not being vets and not having paying customers.

Have you any idea what the hospitals usually do?

I guess I’ll find out when it happens.

Hedgehog