Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Help to stop cats getting in the Hedgehog box please? Reply To: Help to stop cats getting in the Hedgehog box please?

That’s really good news Annker,

So I’ll think I’ll keep my wooden square on as when it was off, the cats were getting in every day and would also push the bricks and lift up the wooden lid (on top of the bricks outside the entrance) – even though I put a pretty heavy big stone on top – but now the 4 by 4 inch hole seems to be the only deterrent for these acrobatic cats.

I love the names people give to their hedgehogs, like Big Benny. I don’t know yet which hedgehog is which, there is two that are quite distinguishable from the others, so I should really find a suitable name for them. I did call one of them Hoggy at first during the first week of feeding them, but I soon realised Hoggy was one of a few hedgehogs, so at the moment, they are all called Hoggy.

Hedgehog