Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings I only see my hedgehog during the day Reply To: I only see my hedgehog during the day

Hi Jackie,
It seems a contented hog BUT you are right it shouldn’t be out in the day. They hide injuries and illness very well.
Ring BHPS and get advice. If they advise you to get him checked over it will be in the hogs best interest to do so.
If you need to catch him get a high sided box (they can climb) and line with a towel and old newspaper or hay/straw if you have it. Wear gloves and keep covered when handling the hog they can have ticks. Maybe you could get him this morning…
Once he has been looked over and hopefully given the all clear bring him back to where you found him.
If he has to stay anywhere for treatment make it clear to them that you want him back for release to where you found him.
Keep us updated

Hedgehog