Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Bathroom Visitor Reply To: Bathroom Visitor

Thanks for your response Nic. As it’s summer, there has been some community festivals on in the local parks, and I was fortunate to speak to a local hedgehog rescue centre, as they had a stall up.

It turns out they have a good reputation, and their on facebook, so it’s nice to see inside of the centre, and see the hedgehogs getting looked after.

I’ve just rung them, and they confirmed that they do take them back to where they have come from unless it’s a dangerous spot.

Also, they said that they have volunteers that can pick them up and take them back if I can’t get there by car and they work until 2am in the morning – but they said it would be more likely to see a poorly one in daytime, they said the night time visitors are usually healthy.

It’s a little bit far out of my way, but I feel more comfortable using them.

I went into town last week and there was another rescue centre, but he had bought out an adult hedgehog with him, and it was a hot day, loads of people in town, and when I was speaking to him, he opened up the hedgehog box and woke it up, I wondered how many times that day had he done that?

People didn’t need to see a real hedgehog. The rescue centre I like did had photographs of hedgehogs in their care, on their stall, and they also gave out a leaflet telling you how to care for them and what to feed them. This one in town had nothing to give out nor did he give any advice. So I realise, there are some dodgy ones about, but I feel happy about this one that’s a bit out of the way.

Hedgehog