Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Trail cam Reply To: Trail cam

I am seeking advice on trail cameras. I have tried 5 so far and returned them all as they have proved either very unreliable or utterly useless. I have put quite a lot of information in the blog on my Quivis website about trail cameras and can see no point in regurgitating it all here other than to say that all the cameras I have tried have been in the £50-60 range from Amazon, Ebay and the like but the conclusion I have come to is that I must bite the bullet and spend more!
Someone mentioned rechargeable batteries in this thread. In my experience the cameras I have tried DO NOT WORK with rechargeable batteries as their voltage, 1.2v is too low. These cameras all seem to require a full 1.5v I was also told this by the manufacturer of one of the cameras I tried – but only after I had bought their camera.
So the purpose of my post is to ask what cameras people use. Unfortunately the video clips posted on YouTube seem not to include that information. I’d particularly like to know what camera Hannah Lawson uses. The 5 cameras I have tried had their focus fixed at infinity, as can be seen in the short clips I have on my blog, with no possibility of close-up. Any recommendations would be much appreciated, particularly if backed up with sample video, as I am currently cameraless! Thanks.

Hedgehog