Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic & simbo

So sad for you simbo, never know what to do for the best do we. Glad you still have other hogs in your garden. Such a relief for you Nic to see Siili after a fair bit of gnashing of teeth over whether or not you did the right thing, I guess without people doing their best for these little creatures they would have no chance at all as opposed to a fighting chance that they’re given by being mended as far as possible & re-released.

You have plenty of hogs visiting don’t you, glad Igel is back. Wasps seem to be everywhere this year, have seen a fair few reports of them nesting & causing problems for householders. Not having seen more than a handful here last year they seem to be making up for it now.

My window cleaner put one of those things atop the downpipe last year so the sparrows have obviously just blocked the gutter up against it for me this time! Not sure whether to have the hole blocked up to stop them nesting next year because it’s directly above Minx’s new outside enclosure & the babies could potentially drop into her mouth. Minx is our remaining house cat by the way if I haven’t mentioned her before.

Mainly white butterflies here so far this summer, with a smattering of speckled woods & something very orange I disturbed when I moved some things out the back which flew into my face & away before I could see what it was. Bees are everywhere, never stop. I have marjoram which I’ve let spread in a border & go to flower every year & it’s always covered in bees of all types, hover flies & all sorts of buzzy things.

Frankie’s kennel is currently being used by day too, I put the camera pointing at it a couple of nights ago when it was dry & had a great time in the morning looking at all the shots of assorted comings & goings all night! If it wasn’t the one using it it was others coming to take a peek inside & rushing off again. A few with more than one hog bumbling about in front of the kennel.
Last few nights little activity, maybe the heavy rain puts them off but still a huge bump under the blanket with someone sleeping the day off. It’s sheltered from the sun & rain so perfect really. Fair bit of teleporting though, down to them moving too fast for the camera I expect as one minute the blanket is flat, the next up in the air on top of somebody!
Lovely to see anyway.

Hedgehog