Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Trail cam Reply To: Trail cam

Hi Nic, thanks for that, but guess they’ve got used to the lights going on and off by now as they’ve been there 4 or 5 yrs now. There’s also some solar lights outside as well, but don’t think it’s like Blackpool illuminations as it’s not. I’ve noticed a few of the hogs set the lights on then walk round the box looking in to make sure nothing else is in there! We’ve now lost Pippa for 3 or 4 nights, but looking at the hog box we bought, the straw my hubby put in the tunnel has disappeared. Now we only have Big Benny who’s coming 2 or 3 times a night and then wanders around outside the box sniffing the ground till he waggle off again. My neighbour has acquired another 3 cats, that makes 7, plus the rest. It worries me if cats can manage to get at baby hogs, as they won’t last long at this rate. Best wishes and hope you all see some baby hogs soon. Our sparrows have had 2 maybe 3 lots of baby’s and we have a Blackbird with a white patch on its neck and a white front! She (we think it’s female) is quite friendly with my husband, I’m a bit worried she is too trusting as she stood there today whilst I put the washing out and didn’t move. I’m thinking she is a mix of Blackbird and Thrush.

Hedgehog