Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Rats! Reply To: Rats!

Thanks for the comments Nic. There are so many threads on this that I wanted to try and clarify my thoughts. I’ve blocked any holes, except, of course, the hedgehog hole. I also read somewhere that the smell of cat urine dissuades rats So I’m trying used cat litter in a couple of old socks! I won’t use sprays or traps and will change the way I put food out to see if that works. I think we’ll always have rats so will look to make things as difficult for them as I can by other means. The real issue with deterrents like sprays is there doesn’t seem to be any agreed view on whether they affect hogs or not so I’ll err on the side of caution. Thanks again!

Hedgehog