Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Badgers and Hedgehogs! and other bits…. Reply To: Badgers and Hedgehogs! and other bits….

I’ve had 2 or 3 hogs feeding for the last few years and now monitor them with a garden camera. We had a badger last year and working with my neighbour we managed to put it off but I heard this year that’s it’s moved elsewhere in the close, presumably for easier pickings. Badgers are definitely bad news for hogs. I volunteer in the gardens of a local National Trust property with a large badger population. As a result there are no hogs in an environment that would normally be perfect for them. All the hogs disappeared in September last year but reappeared in April this year so who knows where they go! I did put in a hedgehog house this year and within a week I had a resident who is still here two months later. I’m hoping it will hibernate here but……..

Hedgehog