Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Trail cam Reply To: Trail cam

I agree on the recommendation of Browning Recon Force Advantage but cannot speak from experience as I baulked at the price in the UK! There is a very good American website with what look like impartial reviews and tests Trailcampro. I have no connection with them and in fact ended up buying a camera from someone else but their reviews are worth a look before taking the plunge. As mentioned elsewhere, I have tried 5 of the cheaper cameras [£60-70] and returned all of them as either very unreliable or simply didn’t work at all. None of them seem to have been reviewed by Trailcampro. Of the Browning however they mention that it will only record for 20″. Bushnell, mentioned elsewhere in this post, also sound good but again apparently only record for 15″. While better than nothing, that seems too short to me. Most of the cheaper cameras I tried had the possibility of recording for up to 2 minutes. In the end I came down in favour of getting a Spy Point Force 20 which scores well in Trailcampro tests [and others] and costs about £70 less than the Browning. However, I cannot say yet whether it is any good as I have yet to receive it.

Hedgehog