Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

Glad that Igel & Siili are OK, the male hog picked the wrong garden I think if he was after a bit of hedgehog love.

You made the right decision to remove the tree by the sound of things.Your shrubs are obviously doing their bit for the birds specially the berries, this year everything seems to be early, berries everywhere including blackberries which are going berserk in my neighbour’s garden & beginning to threaten mine. Taste better this year than usual.

Last night hit the jackpot on camera, 95 pics of hog activity. The first were the usual little hoglet & the other slightly larger going about their business then later appeared a larger one who started bashing the hoglet around as it went to pass the feeder. There were dozens of pics of the big one shoving the little one who started with its head down & spines forward but ended in a small bundle being pushed against the entrance to the feeder. Poor little scrap didn’t get any more food & eventually they both disappeared & the feeder was out of business for the night. Hope it doesn’t put the hoglet off returning other nights. Somebody is in Frankie’s kennel again today, must have teleported in.

Marjoram continues to be plastered in bees & buzzies, such a huge number of customers for such a small area. Doesn’t take much to attract insects does it, shame more gardens don’t have flowers, very few round here. Lots of natural trees & hedges along the road & pavements though, hawthorn in abundance which gets lots of flowers & plenty of insects. I have an ancient lavender in a pot up by the house which is permanently covered in bees & smells beautiful when I brush against it, must take some cuttings to make sure I keep it going.

Hedgehog