Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Stripey Hedgehog Reply To: Stripey Hedgehog

I’ve read all your posts and think it’s an absolute disgrace that people mark hedgehogs at all!
I have Hetty and Big Bruiser regularly feeding in my garden and initially it was difficult to tell them apart. But to be honest, I was so delighted to see them it didn’t matter if they had been before, I just felt blessed to see them.
However, having studied the cam footage for hours and stood quietly watching them, I have learnt to distinguish between them, even in poor light.
Of course I have been able to see that big bruiser is much bigger than Hetty but this is only obvious when they are in the garden together.
From studying the cam footage, I have been able to see that Hetty has longer legs and walks very differently to Big Bruiser and Big Bruiser has more spikes, almost like a spiky skirt that makes him look like he’s floating instead of walking.
Surely if these people were that committed to hedgehogs they would find better kinder ways to identity them!
I was surprised to read in one of the recent posts, that some hedgehog street subscribers agree with this painting /marking lark 😡 I agree with Annker’s solution !
Someone should paint these people in bright colours and parade them around !

Hedgehog