Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings so happy – Huffy is nesting in my garden Reply To: so happy – Huffy is nesting in my garden

You know so much about hedgehogs.

I think there are some females that visit the feeding station, I had 3 in all at the same time last night – and there is often some very mild biffing going on – just a little push – but Huffy was really going for it one night, that’s when I assumed he was a male.

Unfortunately, no-one has been near my hedgehog home, I realise now I’ve put it in the wrong place.

I haven’t seen much of Huffy lately, but I think I keep missing him as I can’t spend all night sat outside – but now, I have a constant stream of visitors all throughout the night – I haven’t a clue how many of them are – and the little hedgehogs, a few months ago, have grown – I saw a fairly small one last night – they are either different hedgehogs – or they are the small ones that have grown .

Two months ago, I’d be lucky to see one hedgehog a night, now every night – I will see at least two in the feeding station at the same time.

Eventually, I might work out who’s who, because they are in different sizes, it’s only Huffy I recognise for now.

As I’ve not seen him, I don’t know if he’s moved on, I might put some straw near his entrance again and see if it gets flattened down by him.

Hedgehog