Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Nic

Hi Annie

It’s the males who are letting the side down. Igel does her best huffing away, but they just mostly ignore her. Recently one or two have taken a bit of notice, but I think she has got so fed up with it all that she’s taken to nudging them, maybe in encouragement, but it doesn’t really go down very well.

Little Siili is doing well. I’m so proud of her – what a hedgehog! She is not scared of any of the hogs now and pretty much does what she wants. Some of the males seem a bit scared of her. Not sure what that is about. I wonder whether she still doesn’t smell quite right, or something. Or maybe it’s something to do with the fact that she acts as if she owns the place – which, of course, she does! She doesn’t seem at all interested in the boys at the moment. Too busy being a normal hedgehog again, perhaps, and she is still quite small. Not surprising that such a nasty injury would set her back. Such a shame that all that time was wasted for her. She was well ahead of where she would have been after not hibernating. But she is a little miracle having survived that – thanks in large part to the wonderful treatment and care she had at Wiltshire Wildlife Hospital.

Yes, there do seem to be a fair few berries around, although my rowan berries are fast disappearing already, and I saw a bird in the dogwood, so that may have been the berries, too.

That’s unusual that an adult is biffing the hoglet. They are usually quite tolerant of hoglets, here. The hoglets even sometimes get away with taking a food bowl over from an adult male! Or is it a slightly older hoglet, because it seems like when they reach a certain stage, the gloves are off. Lovely that you are getting a nice lot of videos and so lovely that they are continuing the tradition of using Frankie’s kennel.

Good idea to take a cutting of the lavender. I think they take quite easily and it would be so annoying if you lost the parent plant.

Hedgehog