Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Gravel trays Reply To: Gravel trays

Hi Hedgie Lover, I hope you find a gravel tray, the longer ones would be better if they weren’t so shallow, they would just get a paddle in one, but maybe that would suit. The smaller one I’ve got is deeper and needs a step out. Well, I think I’ve upset my hogs, I saw one at midnight checking out my new door mat! It’s made of coir so may have looked like a prickly hog! Not only that, I replaced a bird feeder which isn’t dropping a large amount of sunflower hearts. So, they must be on a sulk again as I’ve checked the feeding station and nothing has gone again. Added to that, the old door mat is at the back door now! So what was I writing on the forum recently, about change and it was like someone had turned your house round and your front door being in a different place!…. Yes, guilty, I’ve done just that as far as my hogs are concerned! I was also wondering if the flees had got out of hand, as I’ve heard on the news pet flees are bad at the moment as the weather conditions are just right for an explosion! I once looked after someone’s cat, in their home, whilst they were away. I brought the flees home, my husband brought the flees home, despite wearing trousers in his boots and wearing bicycle clips and clothes sprayed with staykill from a local vet. They were everywhere, even in the bath sponges! We had no animals in our house and so glad about it as the poor cat was full of them and so miserable. It was usually out in the yard when I left food and water, but it was in a day before the owner returned and it was then I noticed the flees jumping on the window ledge. I played merry heck with the owner. I don’t like cats, but wouldn’t harm one. I got a refund for the spraying of my house. So beware cat owners, there are so many cats out there living wild who are not treated. Best wishes.

Hedgehog