Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Gravel trays Reply To: Gravel trays

Yes I think they do have sulks – when I changed the hedgehog food brand – from webbox to spikes dried, they went on protest for about 3 days before they started eating it. However, I changed the dried spikes to semi-moist, as they weren’t eating much of it – and they wolf down the semi-moist, they like it more than the cat biscuits. They didn’t go on protest either.

I bought a gravel tray, there was some flimsy ones, but I bought a big study one which was supposed to be a tray for a posh veg trug.

A saw a hedgehog sniff it, but no-one has been near it – I do need to set it into the ground a bit though, I think they would wade in it if it’s more level with the ground – but perhaps because it’s new and a change, they are being weary of it – it might take them 3 days again.

But it’s good because they are drinking a lot of the water I put down for them in their dish, so it’ll be good to have tons of water for them, so if they don’t paddle in it, there is enough water for thirsty hogs.

That sounds horrific with the fleas, what a nightmare.

Hedgehog