Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Oh what a sad day !๐Ÿ˜ข Reply To: Oh what a sad day !๐Ÿ˜ข

Hi Hettihog, don’t give up hope yet will you. I’m beginning to think they may have summer and winter feeding grounds, like a lot of wild animals who move on to feed and get water. The young one I had last year, Dinky Minky, she stayed around, packing food in for hibernation, but this year I’ve only seen her twice. I hope the dove hasn’t been attacked by a cat as the saliva from a bite will poison it. I’ve tried so many times to save birds, vets usually put them down. It’s feeding sick or baby birds I find extremely hard as you can choke them so easily. I’ve often wished someone would put together something for people to learn how to care for wildlife you may find injured. Warmth is a lot of help for bird recovery. Hope it gets well, best wishes.

Hedgehog