Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Gravel trays Reply To: Gravel trays

Hi Nic, thanks for that info. The others as I’ve said before are in a brick built room at the bottom of the garage. I guess it’s getting quite full of them and I can’t enter due to solid stuck hinges. I have a wooden hog house as well, that something is in, don’t know what, but hope it’s a hog! I started this wood pile for insects, it’s just wood from some trees I’ve pruned, bundled up with some hessian and some beech had leaves on them. On top is some old wooden trellis. I wouldn’t say it’s waterproof and was a bit concerned with her being so young. I suppose I could put some waterproof sheet over it before it gets to hibernating time. The leaves (of which there are many) have not started falling yet. Maybe due to all the rain we’ve had, but there’s time yet. So, do you think I should try putting some covering over this pile of wood.? It’s going to be open to the west wind and rain. Best wishes and thanks for your time.

Hedgehog