Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog? Reply To: has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog?

I thought so, I’d imagine it all depends on the fox.

I think Huffy visited tonight, but it could be just another hedgehog who also huffs all the time, but I’m pretty sure it’s Huffy. And also, Huffy usually enters through the school iron bars (I’m next to a school), whereas the others enters in from the back garden, and this huffing hedgehog entered in the same way as Huffy did.

He huffs more when he enters in the feeding station, and sometimes stops huffing when he eats, but then he’ll do little huffs inbetween eating, do you think it could be a noise of pleasure? or do you think he might have a breathing problem? To me, it doesn’t sound like a breathing issue, I hope it isn’t. Anyway, even if he’s ill, he’s very active and runs off very quickly, he’s got a nice glossy shine to his spines (that’s the reason why I thought he had a mark on him, as when the light hits his spines, it lightens them, but it’s not it’s just a glossy coat), and he eats a lot and drinks a lot. So I think he’s okay.

Do you think I should ring the hedgehog hospital and ask them tommorrow just to see if almost constant huffing is something to be worried about?

I don’t really want to be in the position where I’ll end up stressing him out by picking him up and transporting him to the hospital especially if there is nothing wrong with him, so instead I might just ring them and see what they say.

Hedgehog