Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog? Reply To: has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog?

The female in my garden (Patches) seems to be the one that does all the biffing, mostly towards other males, especially if they come near the feeding station when she’s in it.
The only way I could identify that she was a female was through playback on the trail cam. When the hedgehogs scratch you can clearly see if they have male bits or not!
The trail cam has also really helped identify all the others that visit. They all seem to have different colouring on the faces, ears and spines that only shows up on the infrared camera. Some are fluffier than others or have different looking tails. I have kept a notebook with simple drawings of their facial and body differences, so I can identify who is visiting every night.

Hedgehog