Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog? Reply To: has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog?

I’m getting a camera next week for my birthday, but not sure if high quality camera, I don’t think so, I ordered it from amazon and wasn’t very expensive.

Someone has been in the hedgehog house again, but I watch each hedgehog leave the feeding station, and none of them go in the house – so the first thing I’ll do is put the camera in a plant pot faced towards the house, and see who’s going in there.

I put dried leaves on top of the straw, and I can tell if someone’s been in each night, because some of the leaves have been dragged out into the tunnel, and the leaves keep moving around each morning I check. If I didn’t put so much straw in, I would probably be able to see inside, but because I wanted to give them as much warmth as possible, the straw is blocking my view, so I can only go by what’s happening in the tunnel.

At least if Huffy turns out to be female, I won’t have to change his name.

I’m really rubbish at drawing – but I’ll give it a go – it sounds like a really good idea, certainly better then marking them with paint.

Hedgehog