Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Signs Warning Hedgehogs Crossing Reply To: Signs Warning Hedgehogs Crossing

Nic

Hi Hettihog

So sad to hear about another hog.

I think your local council are the people who would put up a sign, or otherwise, so a good place to contact. You might like to enlist the help of your local MP and local councillor.

You can probably use the Big Hedgehog Map as some sort of evidence, although, (I know it sounds horrible) taking a photo if you find any more might also help as proof. But you might find that the council would like you to suggest a suitable location for a sign, which is safe, i.e. not on a dangerous bend, lots of other signs around, etc. With councils these days being so strapped for cash, they might welcome it if you had done some of the leg work. I know when I asked my local council (a long time ago – before these new signs were announced) they suggested that was the sort of information they would like. They also said that the parish council may need to agree and to pay for it – not sure if that still applies.

I suspect it isn’t as easy as we might like it to be! It would be really interesting to know if anyone has managed to get one of these signs put up.

Hedgehog