Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog? Reply To: has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog?

Nic

Hi Hedgie Lover

I’ve finally got round to reviving my notes on natural identification – on Champions Chat. It’s quite a while since I first wrote them so some of the newer people on the forum may not have seen them. It is possible to identify hogs from either observation in real time yourself or via camera. They might look slightly different from one to the other, though – mainly due to most cameras being infra-red – less intrusive to the hogs and other wildlife – so you see them in black and white. But if you are watching at the same time the camera is going, you will know it’s the same hog.

Good luck with the camera! Sometimes it’s a bit of trial and error getting the right angle so that there isn’t too much glare (which sometimes varies from one camera to another), but once that’s sorted out they’re great.

Seems like you have been doing something similar re. identification, Sam1404. Glad to hear it!

Hedgehog