Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings I'm new to this Reply To: I'm new to this

Nic

If the hedgehog almost curled up, it must have upsest it, Jens. So it might deter a hedgehog from visiting someone’s garden, if not away from a robo-mower. (if someone used a cat scarer) I personally wouldn’t want to use something which would upset the hedgehogs.

I can see what you are trying to do, to find something to keep hogs away from, for instance the robo-mowers to protect them. The problem for hedgehogs is that their natural defence is to roll up rather than to run away, so it seems unlikely that you would scare them away like that. It seems to me the only solution to the robo mower problem must be the construction of the bodywork of the actual mower. Maybe they could be built in such a way that they pushed any hedgehog out of the way without it being able to make any contact with the blades. There must be someone who could design such a thing.

Hedgehog