Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Department of Transport signs Reply To: Department of Transport signs

Hi Hettihog, I was sorry to hear about all the losses you have been having on the road. No, I have not heard anything back from Highways, Lancashire County Council at all. It’s been hard enough to tell them a set of traffic lights arrow wasn’t working properly.! Their self assurance that the computerized traffic lights, that picked up traffic in a lane, was foolproof, was unbelievable. I am going to try another way about the signs, as they are in the process of changing the complaints/contact from email to online contact, which, as we all know, usually stops you from saying what you want to say by asking you set questions and rarely let’s you say what you want. You may have a chance with a meeting with them face to face and I wish you good luck for that. They are so cash strapped and the price of signage is absolutely ridiculous. Now Chris Grayling, who got this law through, has gone, I worry that money won’t be available. Even if it was going to be anyway. They may have passed this law expecting C Councils to pay for them from their own budget. Best wishes.

Hedgehog