Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Signs Warning Hedgehogs Crossing Reply To: Signs Warning Hedgehogs Crossing

Hi Hettihog, I did reply this morning but somethings gone amiss. I wrote to my mp and Chris Grayling, alas no longer in the job, about these road signs. I got some info from the government to contact Highways, County Council as they are the ones putting road signs up. I have written an email to them requesting one and someone has been kind enough to re write my email into an online request. However, I’ve heard absolutely nothing at all from LCC. I’m not surprised as any type of sign costs a ridiculous amount of money and all councils are cash strapped. I’m curious to know if the government were going to give C Councils extra money to cover the cost. Make no mistake, 20 mph and road humps make no difference to people speeding, racing cars still race and the police are so short staffed now that road racing is low on their list. I’m sorry you’ve had such a bad week with the hogs and the dove. I feel for you and wish you luck with your quest for a mythical road sign! I’m going to have another go myself. Best wishes.

Hedgehog