Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog? Reply To: has Huffy stopped huffing or is it a different hedgehog?

The poorly hedgehog has just visited, I’m trying to get through to two different hedgehog hospitals but can never get through – I’ve got a box out, put a towel in it and found two small dishes – if it comes back tonight I’m gonna have to try pick her up with gardening gloves – and will probably have to keep her in the box indoors until tmrw morning. That’s if she comes back tonight – if not it will have to tmrw night.

I’m worried about picking them up, how do you do it?

Also there was a fox that appeared, and was fairly near, so I made a noise and it disappeared from sight, I went up right close to the hedgehog, thinking it would curl into a ball so I could pick her up – but she didn’t curl up she just looked at me, and then walked off, but I couldn’t follow her as she went under the school fence – I have no way of getting in as they have big locked fences.

I wish I had picked her up sooner, rather than just watching her eat – I’m so nervous about it – but I’m gonna have to do it.

It was weird how she wasn’t scared of me, but I’m worried she won’t run off when the fox sees her.

At least I can recognise her – compared to how Huffy is, and what she is like, Huffy seems to be fit and healthy.

I’m really annoyed with myself for not picking her up – now the fox might get her – drats!

Hedgehog