Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Identifying Hedgehogs from their Natural Markings Reply To: Identifying Hedgehogs from their Natural Markings

I’ve not seen him tonight, I don’t think, but I managed to pick up Chloe.

She’s in a box in my bathroom at the moment, eating some dog food, which she seems to be enjoying, I’ve given her two towels, one to rest on, and one to burrow under and she’s just been burrowing under it. However, she was very still and obviously stressed about being captured.

My only concern is what if I’ve got the wrong hedgehog? I’m pretty sure it’s here, she’s making the same sneezing sounds (more like a sneeze than a cough) and she was scratching a lot – problem is she walked away and started scratching- but I wanted to wait a bit until I was 100% it was her, but she was heading towards the school fence, so I had to pick her up before she went underneath the fence.

I’m pretty sure it’s her though. Looks like there’s something wrong with one of her eyes. I can’t see anything crawling on her though. But she is scratching excessively for a reason and needs to be checked out – obviously if there is nothing wrong they’ll put her back into the wild – but I felt horrible yesterday not doing anything about it.

So glad the fox didn’t get her. So I’m glad I saw her tonight.

A hedgehog came out at 8.30pm tonight – that’s the earliest time I’ve seen one, and he went into the hedgehog home after he ate most of the dog food – I think it might be Klepto but he didn’t look as large as he did last night.

it most likely be Klepto and I think the house was occupied today.

I’ve realised if it’s not occupied I can actually see inside and see the cavity – but if it’s occupied I can’t see inside – so at least I’ve solved the dilemma of cleaning it out in spring.

Hedgehog