Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Think one of my hedgehogs may have been trapped in neighbours garden Reply To: Think one of my hedgehogs may have been trapped in neighbours garden

Nic

Sorry hear your sad tale. It’s a shame your neighbour isn’t hog friendly.

I wouldn’t worry too much, because a hog could redig the hole under the fence itself if it was desperate. Also, in most gardens there would be wild food for it to eat – beetles, earthworms, etc. What we feed is meant to only be supplementary to what they can find for themselves. But also if the hog chose to go into that garden, there must have been something hog friendly about it, even if it was by chance. There are all sorts of other reasons why a hog might disappear. Especially at this time of year, when many people seem to have ‘missing’ hogs.

I take it that you are reasonably friendly with the stepson, so maybe you could ask him to keep an eye out for any hedgehogs and let you know, just in case.

Hedgehog