Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Poo spotted despite builder's mess… Reply To: Poo spotted despite builder's mess…

Hi Nic

Good old Siili, so glad she’s doing well after her ordeal. You did the right thing there for sure. Between her & Igel you have a pair of characters visiting you.

New batteries in my camera revealed rather more then I expected, there were few pics from each night but all food gone so I checked & found almost defunct batteries. Suddenly 80 odd pics a night & rather worryingly one night a fox sniffing the hog feeder. To get in our garden either a 6 foot jump over our gate or squeezed in through the hedgehog hole in it, we’re surrounded by gardens on all other sides 2 out of 3 of which are impenetrable from the outside world but the other would mean getting over 6 foot fences several times from other gardens in a row one of which has horrible nails all along it to deter creatures/burglars. Hungry fox no doubt but as there are very young hoglets appearing this is a worry for their safety. Saw the fox another night too.

One hoglet appears on camera at 20.38 virtually every night, must have an accurate clock in his head! The larger hog that uses Frankie’s kennel stayed away for a few days after I cleaned it out & replaced the blankets etc due to excess flies on the sunshine days & a large amount of either wormy or flyblown poo in & under the blanket that was a health hazard to the hog it was so dirty. Back again most days now & feeding happily all around the garden every night & munching away in the feeder in between. If I turn up my hearing aids I can listen to the munching from just outside the house without having to go down the garden! A great deal of rustling & sounds of happy eating going on in the borders, must be all sorts of lovely grub in there for them. All because of a hedgehog hole in the gate, the garden would still have no spiky visitors otherwise, just shows the difference you can make to our wildlife with a bit of thought.

Hedgehog