Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings What’s Going On With Hetty? Reply To: What’s Going On With Hetty?

Hi Annker Oh 😱 I do hope not ! I will be a nervous wreck worrying about the hoglets this late in the year !
Hetty doesn’t seem to be leaving the garden at all. She has grown such a lot that I even checked the hole in the fence and the gaps under the gates were big enough for her to still get out! As I would hate to think she was free to roam . But Big Bruiser got in and out and he was enormous .
Have you heard of such a change in behaviour? I know if they have hoglets they stay pretty close to the nest but otherwise I thought they all traveled to forage. It was this increase in food being consumed that worried me a bit, I want her to be well fed, but didn’t know if her change in behaviour was due to me over feeding- after all who would travel for miles to get fed if there is a great meal on your doorstep?
Really 😂 there’s no pleasing me! I worried about her when she went out of the gate into the world and now I’m worried because she stays put in the garden ! I’m sure this hog loving business makes us a bit crazy! 🤣
I spoke to my brother this morning, he has five visitors two adults and three hoglets . I’ve encouraged him to get on the forum and to map his visitors but he’s not interested. He already has two hog houses in his garden occupied and is intending to get more for the other hogs. I have also advised him to keep an eye on the hoglets, because from what he says it sounds as if they are really wee! But he says all five hogs are eating really well and it’s costing him a small fortune!😂
Stay happy and well xx

Hedgehog